Monday, March 1, 2010

1st PLACE!!

Guess what!?  My cake got 1st place in my division!!


I entered as an Adult Beginner in the Buttercream Single Tier.  There were six other cakes.  It's kind of funny because the ones I thought would win didn't.

 

I was able to meet up with my friend, Kelly, and we were totally star struck when we saw all the cake artists from TV.  Here we are hugged up next to Mike McCarey!!!  He has won 3 gold medals and $30,000 from the Food Network Challenge on TV.

  
These are some of his cakes from Food Network.  Mike owns Mike's Amazing Cakes in Washington.  You can actually order his cakes and he will ship them to you.  You know, that would be a totally awesome 30th birthday present...HINT HINT!

We also got to sit through a class with Lauren Kitchens.  She is from Food Network as well.  She owns Fancy Cakes by Lauren in Dallas.  She was so cute and a great speaker.

  
Lauren Kitchens is known for muppetizing Kerry Vincent.  She actually gives classes on how to make a muppet cake of anyone.
I also caught Nicholas Lodge and Michael snapped a picture for me.  Nicholas Lodge is a world renowned sugar artist.  
  

His specialty is sugar flowers.  He also sells how-to books and videos. 



 We had so much fun and saw so many beautiful cakes.  It was a fantastic experience and I will definitely be doing this again next year.


1 comment:

  1. Sarah Rosenzweig3/1/10, 8:17 PM

    I am SOOOO proud of you! You not only won your contest, you networked and learned and had such a great experience! SOOO awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input.