Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back to the Bakery

I stepped in to help at the bakery again and had these cakes to design.  It's funny to try decorating while pregnant.  My belly got in the way!


In the midst of decorating this lego cake, I noticed a glob of green icing on my apron.  Then, as I am piping the borders, I notice a patch of icing was missing on the corner of the cake.  I had some retouching to do but it all worked out.


No day would be complete without a zebra cake.  Funny thing is the shoe cracked all the way through when I tried to place it on the cake.  I attached 2 more cutouts of the same fondant shoe to cover the crack...one on the front and one on the back.  Luckily, they called back and asked for a heart that read "I Love You"!  I knew just where to put it! 


Speaking of a baby belly, this order was for a rocker chick belly cake.  We ended up going a little more subtle than what I would have called "rocker chick" but I think it worked out for the best.  Plus, they wanted the belly to read "Born to Rock".  I opted to use a silver star to draw in the silver dragees.  I was also VERY proud of my bow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.