Saturday, November 3, 2012

My PawPaw Got Married!!!

And I was able to do his cake.  This now makes for my second wedding cake and I busted my butt working on it.  My poor tried his best to avoid the kitchen at all costs b/c I commandeered every inch of counter space we have.  But, it was wonderful and everyone loved it, especially my Papaw and his new bride.

 
The top layer was for them to keep and it was a single layer of vanilla.  The Second Layer was vanilla cake with strawberry filling.  YUM YUM!
 
 
I found the most AMAZING technique for fillings online.  The recommended buy a jar of whatever flavor jelly you wish to use and microwaving the jelly in short bursts until jelly is runny.  Then, you add a small box of jelly mix in the corresponding flavor and stir until combined.
While it's still a bit runny, you spread a thin layer on between your cakes and VOILA!  The jello mix makes the jelly solidify more so it doesn't make your cake soggy.  Plus, the flavor is more intensified (and not as sweet) thanks to the jello as well.  Needless to say, it was very well received!
 
 
 The third layer was just a single layer of chocolate.  But the bottom layer was my favorite...Red Velvet!!!!!  Oh YEAH!  Those that took a slice of the other tiers made sure to come back for another slice to try the red velvet.

 
All in all, it was a wonderful cake and a wonderful wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.