Saturday, July 10, 2010

Butterfly Butterfly...Oh So Pretty

My hubby gave me the book "Cookie Swap" by Julia M. Usher as an anniversary gift.


Although I do mostly cakes, I would love to break into the cookie decorating scene as well.  Today was my first attempt.  I made 3 dozen butterfly cookies and the royal icing to decorate them with.  I think they turned out rather well.


Not exactly like the book but, not too shabby.  I now fully understand WHY little decorated cookies cost $3-$5 a piece!  All the different steps make a simple little cookie take FOREVER!!!  Mix the dough, roll it out, cut out shapes, bake, cool, mix icing, color icing, outline each and every single cookie.  Then, fill the outline, add the accents, do the details for every single cookie.

WOW!  Kudos to all you cookie designers.  You are worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.