Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Day, Another Dollar

This was originally supposed to be a 2 tiered cake but the price changed their minds.  Instead of a zebra tier and a polka dot tier, I think their design collaboration was a success.


I am so glad to be able to practice Spongebob at the bakery!  My daughter wants a Spongebob birthday party.  My design will be Spongbob sitting up in actual 3D and a Crabby Patty for her smash cake.  It will be a big challenge but I think I am ready for it.  The hardest part would be deciding how to keep Songebob from sagging.  My theory will be to use a Styrofoam dummy for the bottom half and a pound cake for the top.  We'll see what happens.


For a graduation/anniversary party, a family asked for an 80's themed cake since that is the only thing everyone could agree on.  It was lots of fun researching the terms and the styles...kind of like reliving my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.